Becoming A Certified Financial Planner
One of the greatest achievements that you can have in your financial planning career is earning the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification. This is the designation awarded to those individuals who were able to complete the formal CFP course program and most of all successfully passed the Certified Financial Planner Certification Exam. CFP professionals are licensed by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. and members of the Financial Planning Association.
Earning a CFP Certification and becoming a CFP professional can definitely do well to your financial planning career. With this certification you can definitely stand out in both the financial planning sector and the financial services industry. You will be able to be set apart from other financial planners because this would show how much you value your profession that you took time and effort to further and advance your career in this industry. On top of that this certification you will be able set a good impression to your potential clients and employers because this will imply that you were able to earn the highest level of professionalism, competency and ethical practices that are important in the financial services industry. Therefore, in becoming a CFP professional can really help you in establishing a strong career.
For you to earn the prestigious and well respected CFP Certification you have to successfully pass the CFP Certification Examination. This exam is said to be the most challenging exam in the financial services industry. Prior to taking the said exam you must complete all the requirements that are mandated by the CFP Boards in order for you to qualify on taking the exam. The following requirements are stated below.
1. You have to meet the educational qualifications wherein you are asked to earn a Bachelor’s degree or higher from any form of discipline as long as it is from an accredited college or university.
2. You need to complete the formal CFP course curriculum wherein you are required to take special courses that are vital in financial services.
Here are the following special courses that you must take:
- Fundamentals in Financial Planning Program
- Estate Planning Program
- Employee Benefits Planning Program
- Income Tax Planning Program
- Insurance Planning Program
- Investment Planning Program
- Retirement Planning Program
- Case Study in Financial Planning Program
3. You have to complete the three years work experience as a financial planner or any career related in the financial services industry.
4. You must submit to a full background check so that the industry will know if you have any legal issues that should be attend with accordingly.
5. You should adhere closely to the Code of Ethics set by the CFP Board.
If you aim for a successful financial planning career then earning a CFP Certification must be your number one priority. This can definitely make you a more marketable financial planning professional.