The Financial Planning Association
In the financial planning sector all professionals are well guided by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to ensure that Certified Financial Planners and other financial professionals are suitable to the positions they hold in the financial services industry. Through the guidance of the FPA the industry will be in its right track.
The Financial Planning Association is known to be the largest membership organization for Certified Financial Planner (CFP) professionals in the U.S. as well as those members who has great support on financial planning process. This is a leadership and advocacy organization for those who provide support and benefit from financial planning. The main goal of this organization is to be a community that provides the value of financial planning and at the same time advances the practice of financial planning.
The organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who is in charge of helping the organization reach its mission while following the organization’s by laws. The FPA works closely with legislative and regulatory bodies, academic leaders, financial firms as well as consumer interest organizations. The member of the Certified Financial Planner Association shows commitment to a high level of professionalism, competency, ethical conduct and most of a clear and complete disclosure for financial planning professionals.
All FPA members are asked to commit to the Code of Ethics whether you are a certified or not. Listed below is the Code of Ethics that are vital for every FPA members:
1. Competence – FPA member must provide competency in providing professional services to your clients.
2. Confidentially – Part of the responsibility of an FPA member to never disclose any confidential client information without having any consent from the client unless it has something to do with legal issues that needed to be addressed right away.
3. Professionalism - FPA member's conduct in all matters shall reflect credit upon the profession.
4. Integrity –FPA members must offer and provide professional services with integrity.
5. Fairness – FPA members must perform professional services in a manner that is fair and reasonable to all their clients.
6. Diligence – FPA members must act diligently in providing professional services to their clients.
7. Objectivity – FPA members shall always be objective in providing professional services to their clients.
Aside from that FPA members must adhere closely to the Code of Ethics which will reflect their commitment to help their clients achieve their lifelong goals. The members of this organization adhere to the following standard of client care:
- They have to adhere closely to the Code of Ethics that shows proper professionalism and diligence in respect to their practice.
- Prioritising their client’s best interest first.
- Making sure that you always provide a complete and fair disclosure of all material facts
- Ensuring that their respective actions are with composure and always in good faith.
- You have to see to it that you maintain disclosure and fairly manage all material conflict of interest.
- Never mislead your clients.
Through the Financial Planning Association the Financial Planning Sector is well guided. Find out more about the Financial Planning Association by visiting and learn more about the FPA and its principles.