What Is The Role Of The Financial Planning Association?
The Financial Planning Association or widely known as the FPA is a leadership and advocacy organization for those who provide support and benefit from financial planning. The organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who is in charge of helping the organization reach its mission while following the organization’s by laws. The main goal of this organization is to be a community that provides the value of financial planning and at the same time advances the practice of financial planning. This is the organization that guides the financial planning sector and most especially financial planning professionals.
The FPA is the largest membership organization for Certified Financial Planners professionals in the US. Its members also include those who support the financial planning process. This includes Certified Financial Planners, financial services professionals, educators, students and other professionals. The FPA’s unique network of nationwide chapters encourages both personal and professional development in all levels. All of its members must adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, competency and ethical practices that are vital in the financial services industry. They must adhere closely to the Code of Ethics which will reflect their commitment to help their clients achieve their lifelong goals. They are strictly committed to the Code of Ethics whether you are certified or not. Therefore, the FPA helps connect an all in membership in a unique and interesting way.
Below are the important Code of Ethics that every FPA member must lived by:
1. Confidentially – One of the most important responsibilities of an FPA member is to not disclose any confidential client information without having any consent from the client. They must always value privacy and respect to its client’s confidentiality.
2. Diligence – FPA members should at all times act diligently in providing professional services to their clients.
3. Competence – It is very important that each financial planning professional must show competency in its field of practice.
4. Objectivity – FPA members should always be objective in providing professional services to their clients.
5. Professionalism - FPA members conduct at all times shall reflect credit upon the profession.
6. Fairness – All of its members should show professionalism in a manner that is fair and reasonable to their clients, principals, partners and employers.
7. Integrity – It is vital that FPA members must offer and provide professional services with integrity.
The Financial Planning Association works closely with academic leaders, legislative and regulatory bodies, financial firms and consumer interest organizations. Through this association you will be ensure that all Certified Financial Planners are indeed professional and competent in all aspect of the financial services industry. This organization will ensure that all members are knowledgeable and skilled in all fields of financial planning and financial services. Through the guidance provided by the FPA the industry and its professionals will surely be in the right track.
Know how important the role of the Financial Planning Association and how beneficial this is for the whole industry. To understand more about the Financial Planning Association you can go to and learn more what the FPA got to offer for the industry.